Legion of the Lost Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legion of the Lost Souls

Place for Guild Communications to happen for Legion of the Lost souls of wyrmrest Accord

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DPS, we aren't just numbers.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aketsu

DPS, we aren't just numbers. Empty
PostSubject: DPS, we aren't just numbers.   DPS, we aren't just numbers. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:59 pm

I know what you are think, and yes DPS stands for Damage Per Second. This however does not mean we stare at our recount and mash buttons so we are on top. There are a few rules that most DPS follow and they are designed to help the raid.

Here are a couple of these 'rules' or guidelines if you will.

1. Don't be afraid to move! As a hunter I know all to well that it is easier to just sit there and pound out my rotation. Honestly folks if you see the Red, Blue, or Black circles of death, STOP YOUR DPS FOR A SECOND AND MOVE!

2. Know the fights! Now a lot of DPS see themselves as just that DPS, a number, nothing more or nothing less. "I don't have an important role." They say. Well suck it up princess not every fight lets you sit there and push your rotation. Most fights now have you moving, changing targets, kiting, CCing, jumping on the back of a dragon. Know the fight and know your role.

3. Heal, Heal, Heal! "But thats the HEALER'S job." Thats what you just said. But the less they have to heal you, the more mana they have to heal the tank. This is simple, use a potion, lok-rocks, or the almighty dev-team forbid you from leveling your first aid skill and using a BANDAGE! Remeber if you die then the raid looses DPS a shame and all that drama. "I don't care I'm just DPS." Right... I'll get to that in a moment but if the tank dies then well usualy the ENTIRE raid does too.

4. AGGRO! I HAS IT! I can't stress this enough... MANAGE YOUR FUCKING THREAT! Take 2 minutes and download Omen or watch for the pretty red glow on your portrait. Seriously this is one of the biggest falts with DPS. Don't have an aggro dump? Use auto swing. You're a caster? Then stop casting. As a hunter I have an aggro dump but there are times when even I have to just sit back and use auto shot for a bit. Low DPS is a hell of a lot better than no DPS. You are much more useful alive than you are dead and I don't care how much you think otherwise.

These aren't the only 'rules' but ones that I found important. Being a good DPS doesn't mean you have the highest numbers at the end of the raid. A good DPS will hold off, heal when needed, research the fights before the raid starts, use abilities such as Misdirection or that funny rogue thing that does almost the same thing, and always manage their threat. Slip ups do happen and sometimes people push the wrong buttons. You have no clue how long I got bugged for shooting murmur in the face while the rest of the group was eating after we wiped.

Also some of you might think I'm being an ass and maybe I am. But like I said, the good DPS player isn't always the one at the top of recount.
Back to top Go down

DPS, we aren't just numbers.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legion of the Lost Souls :: Public Forums :: General Raiding stuff-
Jump to: